posted by clovelady (COLORADO SPRINGS, CO) Mar 4, 2012
Member since Feb 2012
I normally don't write reviews, but in this case I felt that it was necessary. I'm currently about 20 hours into this game after picking it up on Friday (which says something about it by itself since I tend to have a hard time dedicating time to a game) and so far I am extremely impressed.
- Great combat for an RPG (think God of War). Not as in-depth as an action/adventure, but still fast and exciting enough to keep you engaged.
- Interesting main plot
- Almost too much content (20 hours in and I just moved to the second major area in the game)
- Ability to switch weapons mid-combo and throw in spells and abilities on the fly
- Flexibility in character advancement is impressive and varied
- Almost too much content
- Speed of combat can sometimes cause framerate drops
- Lore, though impressive in it's scope, doesn't necessarily lend itself well to main plot or to the idea of building further games in the franchise. Still good, but doesn't tie together too well.
Overall, it's an amazing game from an amazing team and I'm excited to see a sequel be it on video, in video game form, or novel form. The team that put this thing together has alot of room to be able to expand the Kingdoms of Amalur universe exponentially. A must play imho.