People have been trying to compare Skyrim and KoA: Amalur and I see why. Unfortunately there are truly too many similarities between the games NOT to compare. Anyways, here are the real pros and cons and I will end up comparing it to Skyrim inevitably.
Pros- Combat is different and can have some great cinematic moments.
- The game uses interactions and experiences that can change different things in the world.
- The fate twister thing makes killing bosses quite a bit easier.
- Being open world is always a plus.
- The game provides simple ways to create armor, weapons, and even gems to socket into equipment.
- Easy access to your potions through the D-pad so you don't have to open a menu every time you need mana or health.
- The mini games for unlocking or dispelling things can be fun or tedious, but not too bad.
Cons: -Even though the combat is revamped it gets tedious when using only 4 slots for spells.
-The game is a bit more graphically a cartoon and is kind of a drag considering what I see in many other games (cough Skyrim).
- The games story is quite bland and the side quests can feel more tedious than fun.
- The game jumps back into the level up system and picking up bits of good armor in different areas making it feel like a WoW ripoff at times.
- Even though the game is open world you are extremely restricted in where you can go at such and such level.
- There is too much dialog in the game. Every character has something to say and there are a lot of repeat views making me skip quite a bit.
- There is very little incentive to explore as you want and sometimes are even blocked from exploring a cave without the quest.
As you can see, more cons than pros. The one thing this game does well is combat, but with a bland story and annoying side quests it is the only thing I truly like. Truthfully I even prefer Skyrims combat because it feels more realistic. No, this game isn't Skyrim, because overall I feel like Skyrim is truly better
posted by bigfoot145 (WESTMINSTER, CA) Mar 29, 2012
Member since Dec 2009
i have this game for PC and i cant stop playing, im on my second class replaying the same story line, it is a well put together free roam, which gives you the ability to leave the story line and do what you please, whether it be side missions or just venturing through different areas of the world looking for gear, weapons and new dungeons to explore. the game is similar to elder scrolls and runs smoothly with awesome attacks/powers/technique patterns etc.. with 3 different classes to choose from ranging from mages with strong powers to rogues with stealth and assassination abilities to the classic warrior who uses brute strength and the power of the earth to aid. hands down i would recommend this game if you have any interest in free roam games or have been a fan of any elder scrolls game in the past.