posted by hatwearingmann (SAN JACINTO, CA) Apr 7, 2012
Member since Nov 2011
This game is AMAZING. It reminds me of the good old Playstation 2 games! This game has great story,action, and just about everything.I would buy this,since it has a long main quest, and many many side quests.
People have been trying to compare Skyrim and KoA: Amalur and I see why. Unfortunately there are truly too many similarities between the games NOT to compare. Anyways, here are the real pros and cons and I will end up comparing it to Skyrim inevitably.
Pros- Combat is different and can have some great cinematic moments.
- The game uses interactions and experiences that can change different things in the world.
- The fate twister thing makes killing bosses quite a bit easier.
- Being open world is always a plus.
- The game provides simple ways to create armor, weapons, and even gems to socket into equipment.
- Easy access to your potions through the D-pad so you don't have to open a menu every time you need mana or health.
- The mini games for unlocking or dispelling things can be fun or tedious, but not too bad.
Cons: -Even though the combat is revamped it gets tedious when using only 4 slots for spells.
-The game is a bit more graphically a cartoon and is kind of a drag considering what I see in many other games (cough Skyrim).
- The games story is quite bland and the side quests can feel more tedious than fun.
- The game jumps back into the level up system and picking up bits of good armor in different areas making it feel like a WoW ripoff at times.
- Even though the game is open world you are extremely restricted in where you can go at such and such level.
- There is too much dialog in the game. Every character has something to say and there are a lot of repeat views making me skip quite a bit.
- There is very little incentive to explore as you want and sometimes are even blocked from exploring a cave without the quest.
As you can see, more cons than pros. The one thing this game does well is combat, but with a bland story and annoying side quests it is the only thing I truly like. Truthfully I even prefer Skyrims combat because it feels more realistic. No, this game isn't Skyrim, because overall I feel like Skyrim is truly better