- Great, open world environment. The graphics were incredible.
- Fun, AT TIMES.
- Fun to fly planes, helicopters, parachute, etc. - AT FIRST.
- The open world environment got very old for me, very quickly. I don't like spending most of my time driving / flying to and from locations.
- The gun play was OK, but definitely not great (No real cover system, etc.)
- I HATED the heightening enemy response system, whereby anytime you got into any fights, you were greeted by non-stop enemies to deal with and had to run / drive away to let things "cool down".
- The gameplay mechanics, especially the grappling hook, were horrible. The grappling hook was constantly coming unattached at the most inopportune moments or not attaching as it was expected and made for some very, very frustrating moments.
I would not call this game hard, but I got so FRUSTRATED with some of the bad gameplay mechanics, especially the grappling hook, that I sent it back to Gamefly before finishing even half of the game.
If you like open world games and doing a lot of boring, time consuming side missions, then you would probably like this game, otherwise... pass it by.
I actually had bought the first one on clearance aty work about a year ago and i never had heard of it and loved it when i played it. It wasnt adictive so when this one had came out i was weiry of playing it and said what more can you add on this open plain game. I really like this one it has well graphics and good action packed. I also like how they included chaos in the game. Its like playin havoc on saints but way better. I recommend to people who want an open world game like a mission impossible movie an not have to jus drive or be on foot all game...
posted by Insertname (LOUISVILLE, KY) May 12, 2010
Member since Jun 2009
I was very excited when I had first obtained this title, waiting several months for it, my expectations were high. When I got it however, it was a bit of a let down.
The biggest flaw in this game is most likely the combat system. With no cover fire and the fact that you are easily overwhelmed if you're not in one of the more heavily armored vehicles. This, and the horrible voice acting and story was the only flaw I saw, however.
The gameplay also becomes very repetitive very shortly, this is one of the biggest turn offs of this game. It turns into doing missions and spending countless hours trying to get "chaos" to advance to the next mission. This is, unless you're trying to just roam the world for fun.
In terms of graphics, they are superb, not taking into considering the massive world to explore, which make the graphics all the more impressive. The world looks very crisp and clear and is by far one of the best achievements this game, or any game, could achieve.
Over all, 6/10. Good graphics and some fun exploration is all I can say this game has. Definitely a rent, possibly a buy.