gamers (62%) found this review helpful
I just got this game today and played through half of the campaign on the moderate difficulty. It only took about 3 hours which means the campaign is probably approximately 7-10 hours long depending on difficulty. I also played 3 multiplayer matches, 2 deathmatch (FFA) and 1 team deathmatch. Mind I have played campaign and multiplayer for various shooters: COD, HALO, GOW, etc. so I have a pretty good understanding of what to look for in a FPS genre.
Here are some pros and cons:
- Story and gameplay similar to GOW which engages the player although shorter (7-10 hours)
- Co-op very much like Army of Two
- Multiplayer is still very weapon based even with gravity variable added to shooter
- Multiplayer is a ghost town...this game just came out and the hour I played (or waited to play) sumed up 3 games where one involved a kid rage quitting 9 minutes into a 10 minute 1v1 match (suppose to be 8 player FFA) which resulted in a draw--and a team deathmatch where I was spawn killed repeatedly with a sniper or rocket launcher 15 times as all my teammates raged quit early...The next round I got the upper hand and everyone raged quit eluding to yet another draw-one game I did finish where I won a stunning 4 kills to his 3 kills--mind you this was a FFA search gone 1v1. The best part is the draws don't count your K:D. How is this logical?
- The campaign (at least on moderate) did not have situational ways to learn EVERY control/action...but did introduce the important ones when needed
Overall this game has been a blast in campaign but the multiplayer is frustrating on multiple levels. I suggest renting this and if the popularity does not heighten then this will be yet another FPS twist bust and you can return it for another game until Fall and Winter blockbuster sequels hit GameFly.
gamers (56%) found this review helpful
Here is my problem. Gamers really need to stop conparing this title to others. This game held my attention for hours, which was surprising. This is especially true since the preview was so low. It is a new idea that works. Give it chance. It is worth the rental.
posted by mustanglover (SANTA ANA, CA) Jul 13, 2012
Member since Jun 2012
gamers (50%) found this review helpful
The game starts off ok reminding me of many precious shooters. It fell short in the storytelling and the controls. There are no command controls for your partner who constantly needs to be saved when going up against one of the repetitive many so called bosses. Game play is much too repetitive and becomes annoying along with the stagnant story which failed to get me to connect with the characters. Graphically the game is passable but the areas in the game become repetitive and do not have enough variation. I do not recommend this game there are many other shooters that are better than this one.