I'm not a hardcore Halo fan, I'm more of a casual Halo player. Although I have played all the Halo games (1, 2, 3, Reach, ODST, etc.), but I don't get into the multiplayer. I've mostly played for the single player experience and my review is purely for the players looking for a solo or coop campaign experience.
With that said, I thought the story was interesting covering some more topics like the forerunners. If you like Halo lore, then you will find most of it interesting. The combat/gameplay was pretty much the same as the other games as to be expected.
- Some new fun weapons (sticky/remote bomb pistol, SAW, binary rifle)
- Graphically, some of the levels are spectacular
- Interesting bad guy, but you only see him like 2 times throughout the entire campaign
- Controls/graphics/weapons/etc are all very polished
- Basically the same game as the previous entries, slightly different story
- I see no replay value for the campaign, despite having all of the skulls and additional difficulties to make it more challenging
- I thought the ending was bad & completely unrealistic. I won't give it away, but I was just sitting there saying to myself "How the fuuu..."
Overall, you can tell 343 spent a lot of time polishing the game. The campaign was just OK and held my attention for about 3 days. After I beat it, I sent it back. To me it's a play-and-throw away game, I'll spend my time on something that isn't the same-ole thing. For campaign alone, it's a RENT only.
posted by CryonicJROK (SAN ANTONIO, TX) Mar 26, 2013
Member since Feb 2013
I believe this was the game the Halo franchise needed to top the Call of Duty series and now it is done. This game set up an entirely new trilogy that many gamers can't wait to explore. None the less Call of Duty is out and Halo is back baby. Nuff said
Halo 4 is a great game, the multi-player is great but was and is still not complete (3-23-13). Without competitive playlist this game is maybe a 6 at best but it is promised to be part of the game April 2013 so on that notion I will go ahead and give it a perfect 10.
Pros: Great Storyline, upgraded weapons, Choose your class,
Cons: Host is still a huge issue, been waiting for dedicated server since halo 2, 343 tries to hard to say that there not Bungie, but in reality they should take some ques from them. The game should have been released with social and ranked playlist. The game seemed balance more so of unskilled weapons that are over powered (Needler, Boltshot, ASSAULT RIFLE!!!!, Binary Rifle) All to often you start games that are uneven teams 5v1 or 5v2 even with being on the the team with 5 the games seems less interesting.
Overall i believe this game belongs to the COD franchise then the Halo franchise. But for all of the bad, I still play this game everyday even with all the games i could get using my Gamefly.