I'm not a hardcore Halo fan, I'm more of a casual Halo player. Although I have played all the Halo games (1, 2, 3, Reach, ODST, etc.), but I don't get into the multiplayer. I've mostly played for the single player experience and my review is purely for the players looking for a solo or coop campaign experience.
With that said, I thought the story was interesting covering some more topics like the forerunners. If you like Halo lore, then you will find most of it interesting. The combat/gameplay was pretty much the same as the other games as to be expected.
- Some new fun weapons (sticky/remote bomb pistol, SAW, binary rifle)
- Graphically, some of the levels are spectacular
- Interesting bad guy, but you only see him like 2 times throughout the entire campaign
- Controls/graphics/weapons/etc are all very polished
- Basically the same game as the previous entries, slightly different story
- I see no replay value for the campaign, despite having all of the skulls and additional difficulties to make it more challenging
- I thought the ending was bad & completely unrealistic. I won't give it away, but I was just sitting there saying to myself "How the fuuu..."
Overall, you can tell 343 spent a lot of time polishing the game. The campaign was just OK and held my attention for about 3 days. After I beat it, I sent it back. To me it's a play-and-throw away game, I'll spend my time on something that isn't the same-ole thing. For campaign alone, it's a RENT only.
posted by CryonicJROK (SAN ANTONIO, TX) Mar 26, 2013
Member since Feb 2013
I believe this was the game the Halo franchise needed to top the Call of Duty series and now it is done. This game set up an entirely new trilogy that many gamers can't wait to explore. None the less Call of Duty is out and Halo is back baby. Nuff said