I'm not a hardcore Halo fan, I'm more of a casual Halo player. Although I have played all the Halo games (1, 2, 3, Reach, ODST, etc.), but I don't get into the multiplayer. I've mostly played for the single player experience and my review is purely for the players looking for a solo or coop campaign experience.
With that said, I thought the story was interesting covering some more topics like the forerunners. If you like Halo lore, then you will find most of it interesting. The combat/gameplay was pretty much the same as the other games as to be expected.
- Some new fun weapons (sticky/remote bomb pistol, SAW, binary rifle)
- Graphically, some of the levels are spectacular
- Interesting bad guy, but you only see him like 2 times throughout the entire campaign
- Controls/graphics/weapons/etc are all very polished
- Basically the same game as the previous entries, slightly different story
- I see no replay value for the campaign, despite having all of the skulls and additional difficulties to make it more challenging
- I thought the ending was bad & completely unrealistic. I won't give it away, but I was just sitting there saying to myself "How the fuuu..."
Overall, you can tell 343 spent a lot of time polishing the game. The campaign was just OK and held my attention for about 3 days. After I beat it, I sent it back. To me it's a play-and-throw away game, I'll spend my time on something that isn't the same-ole thing. For campaign alone, it's a RENT only.