gamers (93%) found this review helpful
As usual my review contains the GOOD the BAD and a final thought. Enjoy.
=========== The good ===========
1. Awesome missions, You will NOT be flying in the same areas over and over again, Total change with each mission and you travel all over the "world".
2. Graphicly I give this a 9, real world textures make it look very real and feel very real without looking too fake if that makes sense.
3. No more 1 set weapon systems, You can equip a plane to destroy AIR AND SEA/LAND targets... thats awesome, and realistic.
4. COMBAT ASSISTANCE, for those of us who have issues with flight games this option helps tons, it allows pretty much anyone to fly near perfect, this can also be turned off for those who dont want any help at all.
5. XP SYSTEM, AWESOME! love earning new levels.. which unlocks new planes and weapon systems.
=========== THE BAD ===========
1. This is really more of an arcade type of flight game, its not really a sim, so if your looking for a sim like most of us were, dont bother here.
2. No landings, No takeoffs, now this could be good or bad, depends on you but I would rate it as bad.
3. Locking on to the target you want can sometimes be an issue.
============= Final thought =============
This game is good rent, I wouldnt say must rent UNLESS you love flight games, But nevertheless a very good game.
gamers (88%) found this review helpful
This game is nutty. Super fast pace and constantly having to check your radar, plan your next move and not get shot out of the sky seems like too much at first. Then all of the sudden you get it, and they don't stand a chance. You can freely switch in and out of what's ironically called assistance off mode. In this mode you can pull off incredible missile dodges and aerial maneuvers that leave your opponent searching the radar wondering what happened and where you went. By then you've got your own missile creepin' up behind 'em. Splash! The story line is ok and the graphics are great. Satellite photos were used to perfectly recreate the citys and locations you fly over during the course off the game. As you progress you earn XP for kills and challenges similar to Rainbow Six and Call of Duty. When you rank up in level you unlock new aircraft that perform better and new weapon payloads that are more effective. The achievements are easy and pretty much happen on their own if you play well. Alright, break it down.
gamers (82%) found this review helpful
HAWX is a great mix between an arcade shooter and a flight sim. While this is not a true flight simulator (you have tons of weapons and you never run out of gas) the physics of flight feel good and it is fun to blow bad guys out of the sky!
Story - Good Controls - Good / can be great Graphics - Very Good Replayablitity - so so