posted by Energyvet (ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS, NJ) Dec 22, 2009
Member since Mar 2008
gamers (100%) found this review helpful
As someone who began playing Guitar Hero with Guitar Hero World Tour, I find it GREAT to be able to go back and play the best of I, II, and III, without having to rent/buy each individually! So, for all of you hammering it for being a rehash, remember, some of us have never seen these songs previously.
Alas, after playing Guitar Hero: Metallica I was expecting this game to take a step up and be better. I knew that this game was just going to be a gimmick using songs that previous Guitar Hero games used but putting them into a full band scenario. As I mentioned, I enjoyed Metallica so I thought that this game deserves a shot. Just to make this short and sweet, I will give the goods and the bad and let you guys decide what the deal is.
1. Pretty good song list including Shout at the Devil, Bark at the Moon, Play with Me, More than A Feeling, Cherry Pie, and other Guitar Hero favorites
2. Decent graphics, not as good as Metallica or Rock band IMO but not too bad.
3. Lars in an Egyptian Pharoahish type of suit, that is pretty funny.
1. Of the time that I have had the game, I could not find anyone to play with online for quickplay. Would be more fun, but none of my buddies play Guitar Hero (they are Rock Band fans)
2. Even though the song list is good and are master tracks, I did not like Cowboys from Heck (gotta love the edit on Game Fly) live. Also, where was Iron Man ( I love Ozzy/Sabbath)
3. Unlike Metallica, achievement hunters HAVE to play all 48 songs regardless of stars earned, in order to complete the career mode. Also, the achievement for finishing all careers is 35 gamer points versus 150 for the other Guitar Hero games.
4. In order to play games from World Tour or Metallica, a disc change is required. I have to give Rock Band 2 props the fact that you can play all of your Rockband songs with the disc for rockband 2.
Overall, the game is above average. Just a little annoying for achievement hunters. The song list is strong as I mentioned, but there are a couple of songs missing. I would most likely have given this game a 7 or so if the online wasn't so sparce. I recommend this title for all music fans of Guitar Hero, just don't expect anything new here. Next entry needs to consolodate all of the music to one disc.