posted by TeddyTerrific (JACKSONVILLE, FL) Jan 5, 2014
Member since Jan 2014
gamers (67%) found this review helpful
This is my first review. I am an avid gamer but do not like co-op or multi-player, so this review is confined to the solo story mode.
Unlike most of the rest of the world, this game just didn't add up for me. I know this intuitively when I can't wait to finish a game. This is what I felt almost from the start with GTA V. Following is a list of my problems with this game:
1. Poor shooting reticule, particularly hard to steer a car and shoot at the same time.
2. Too much driving to get to or finish some missions
3. Did not have enough $$$$'s to buy numerous properties until after the last big heist, i.e. until the game was almost over
4. Character development was shallow and often unrealistic.
5. While there was a story/plot, it was convoluted and not remotely in the same vein as The Last of Us, Uncharted series, Two Souls, etc.
Overall just a big disappointment for a game I waited eagerly to play. I like the first 4 GTA's quite a bit, but this one just fell flat for me. I was very happy to return it.