I rented this game because the GT title. The Graphics are okay but the load times can get a bit annoying at times. The ability to play your own mp3's from your memory card is a great plus however. If you like racing games and own a PSP i don't recommend this title, it was a big letdown. Looking forward to the release onto the major console platforms early 2010.
1. The graphics and physics engine (car handling) for a psp game is really good. The drifting effect on dirt/snow courses is pretty cool. You can draft on long straight aways and cars will accelerate more slowly when going up hill.
2. The amount of cars and tracks available are immense.
1. No career mode. After you run a handful of time trials and solo races the game gets old real fast.
2. No online multiplayer. The idea that a game made in 2009 requires an "ad hoc" mode for multiplayer is rediculous. There is no reason my friends need to congregate in my living room to play a video game. It completely defeats the purpose of online gaming.
3. You can't buy any car when you can afford it. The game is set up so that certain dealerships are open on certain virtual days base on game play. Forcing you to horde up your credits until the dealership is "open" or buy a car you didnt really want just so you can win a race.
4. The last problem (which I hope isn't my psp dying) is the white pin dots that appear sporatically during the actual races. I dropped in a few other games I own and they didn't show the white dots. The dots move on the screen during GT, so I know they aren't burned pixels. Once again, if this problem resides in the game, shame on Sony. A major title release with that kind of glaring visual problem is sad.