gamers (100%) found this review helpful
It was not a good game at all. Its like ive been playing the same game over and over again when i put in any of the God of War games. Yes the graphics were great but true gamers know that the story line and the mystery are the types of things that keep you wanting to play the game. The God of War franchise has really lost their edge on making a good, quality game.
posted by lamonhazzardjr (PASADENA, CA) Mar 16, 2013
Member since Mar 2012
gamers (75%) found this review helpful
Good things about the game:
1. fighting in the game is fun as usual
2. beautiful graphics and epic cinematics
3. cool element upgrades to kratos blades
Bad things about the game:
1. camera is a pain will die numerous just because u cant find kratos.
2. story is lackluster didn't care for it should've just continued from Gow 3
3. fighting becomes extremely repetitive because its not really different from previous version.
4. Game diffuculty is ridiculous feels like this game was more for the hardcore than for people trying to get into the GOW series.
5. Upgrades are cool but dont feel like they do much to enemies on a higher difficulty.
6. Evade system is a double edge sword when it works u can get yourself out of a bind but when u mess up it leaves u open to a barrage of attacks inflicting a ton of damage.
7. Hints and puzzles felt really unessesary in the game at times and the hints are not really helpful.
8. Will die due to poor enviroment design or poor camera movement it is easy to lose kratos in the middle of a fight with multiple enemies sometimes bad enough to get you killed extremely frustrating and hard to ignore.
9. Having to pay to play for online is a spit to the face for me because this game didn't feel it deserved that if this was God of War 3 maybe but i dont feel u should have to pay to play online especially when its your first game with a multiplayer.