gamers (90%) found this review helpful
Being a fan of GI Joe since my childhood in the mid-late 80's I was so excited that a movie and video game were finally on the way. Well I received that game today and I must say I was very dissapointed. The graphics are PS2 at best, the game play is not that good. It's just a bunch of running through levels that look the same and shooting non stop. It is a lot like the old NES Contra game except I would rather play Contra on the NES than play this game again. You all can rent it and form your own opinion. Maybe I'm just so addicited to Red Faction Guerilla that I'm being bias. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the movie is going to be much better than this dreadful game.
gamers (100%) found this review helpful
I rented this game, for one week. Played it twice, in the course of that week, and that was enough to find out. The following factors.
1. The graphics suck, it's almost like a PS1 tribute.
2. Most of the game is filled with chat between the "Joes" in which they say some of the most mind numbing garbage - ever.
3. The over all game itself was easy, in that all you do is twice around and shoot stuff, over, and over, and over, and over. You get the picture, right?
4. when controlling a "vehicle" they couldn't even have the sense to function in a way of camera control, so that turning around didn't involve you actually turning and then rolling forward, or backward, to move into this turn. I found myself crashing multiple times, because of it's stupid control system.
5. If I hear someone shout "Go Joe" again. I might throw a brick through my television.
6. Finally.. On the last day I put this in, I considered playing it, and actually found myself taking it out of the system, because I was actually sickend, by the thought of bothering to play this game again.
1/10 rating - because this game sucks, that bad. Infact if anyone wants to "sell" a used copy, you should drop that price to less than $5. Atleast then the entertainment would be worth the price, it would be like one of the minis.