posted by EvilSpaceRobot (FALLS CHURCH, VA) Jun 3, 2013
Member since Jun 2013
gamers (75%) found this review helpful
I honestly wasn't expecting much from this game, though it surprised me, being better then I expected. It is a generic sci-fi shooter, having a somewhat throw-away plot. The gameplay is decent, and the Echelon (Horde Mode) multiplayer is a lot of fun!
Its a good single player game but just lacks depth...you fight 90% of the enemy types in the first level and the other 10% are "boss" types that you will fight again and again and again....Sort of like Vanquish....I am not a fan of games that dont add depth to make the game harder as you play...this one just makes you shoot the bullet sponges more and more...lazy developers way of adding difficulty
Shooting is ok, again you play with 90% of the weapon types in the first level..no upgrades at all on the weapons, skill tree doesnt really add much...played with the same gun all game
And why the climbing stuff??? the puzzles were so easy it should have just been a cut scene
Ending shows you really should have just played the main guy...the story is about him and the rest are sort of filler...no need to play all 4