This isn't Forza its Dirt....the cars all act the same just like in Dirt, the tracks are floaty just like in Dirt...absolutely no difference in surfaces you can go just as fast on dirt as on pavement that isnt Forza...lame stereotypes to race against just like Dirt....Menus are Dirt....only things that are Forza are the skins and the upgrades...the skins look good but the upgrades dont really do anything I can slide around just as good on normal tires then I can with off road ones...AWD cars should dominate off road but I can win with a Ferrari just as easy...that isnt Forza!!
gamers (78%) found this review helpful
Before you know anything else about this game, you must know that this is not Forza as you have come to know it. This is the love-child of a Forza/Dirt romance, and personally I absolutely love it. By that, I mean that Horizon has more of an arcade feel to it than you have known through the rest of the Forza series, but it's not in a bad way at all, it fits the game style perfectly.
Anyway, here we go....
- The cars still look and sound just as amazing as they do in Forza 4
- The open world exploring is a lot of fun in incredibly fast cars
- Both dirt and road races
- Street racing, not in a cheesy way though
- Instead of menus, you drive to the different shops to customize your car, not a bad thing, but more time consuming
- The only thing that keeps this game from a full 10 for me is that there are not as many cars in Horizon. DLC will probably fix this, but there should still be more
Long Story Short:
If you are a fan of Forza or a fan of DiRT, then you will love this game. It is what Need For Speed should have become, and I will most likely end up owning this one.