Fun, but this is not the final fantasy I remember from days forgone. What's happened to this series? Back in snes days, all the way through ps1, square could do no wrong. Each title was met with a product that surpassed the hype. No easy feat back then. Around the time square started fooling around with online mmos the series took a shift for the worse. The stories used to be rich with lore, epic, and made you care about the characters. Ff xiii bucked that trend. I'm not sure why a sequel was made.
Ok this game was obviously better than 13 because of the improvements but it wasn't a home run for me.
1)The game is not linear at all in fact there were times when i was lost all together, which is not necessarily a bad thing for me since i like exploring.
2) The addition of noel is a good one. I didn't love him but I didn't hate him either (unlike tidus lol)
3) The graphics are beautiful and the story is understandable even with all its twists and turns you just have to pay attention.
1) I hated that there were no summonings in this game. I understand that you have monsters that fight with you as you progress but it doesn't feel the same. There's something about having your summoning with you like Odin throughout the game that makes fights more entertaining, especially in a FF installment.
2) I Didn't like the last boss fight, I felt that it was too easy literally 5 minutes and it was over. It could be that my characters were leveled up really high but it was just a uneventful fight. (No challenge at all)
3) The ending was not cool. I'm not gonna spoil it. But everyone who has played this game already knows what I'm talking about.
A good rent and a good buy for the avid FF player.