This is a great game and there was never a dull moment. Here is what I think about it:
- Graphics, sound, gameplay, plot
- Weapons can be bought but are also unlockable through radio towers
- Side missions & hunting was fun
- Good fast travel
- All the characters were memorable & interesting in some way, loved the bad guys in this game
- Skill tree builds on your character as you progress
- AI is decent (they try to search for you, flank, and/or draw you out)
- After you complete everything (outposts, radio towers, etc.), there are only a few spots on the map with bad guys remaining which makes continued adventuring not much fun.
- I noticed one skill (reloading while sprinting) that didn't function (maybe it was just my game, idk) but it didn't really bother me
Overall, single player is a great experience. I'm just now starting the multi-player to get the coop achievements. I would say the multi-player is just "alright" and is nothing special. Rent or buy it only for the singler player experience alone.
posted by retainyourfocuz (MILTON, MA) Feb 17, 2013
Member since Feb 2013
First of all, let me explain how short this game is. I received the game around 11 am on Thursday and it is now around 1 am monday morning. I played this game THROUGH including all side quests (path of the hunter, Wanted: Dead) on Normal, not easy and finished it in 4 days. In that four days I spent hours taking doing my online accounting work, Took my gf our for valentines day dinner, went to class, went to the movies, was out over night until around 2 pm...you catch my drift, I did not fiend on this game and it is disappointly short.
I feel as if, to be fair, I should start with the pros: Powerful Guns, Interesting hunting idea, Takedown is pretty cool, And a lot of sniping.
Now for the cons: SHORT, story starts off good then fails horribly, not enough combat, only the last 3 missions of the game are even slightly difficulty at all, random mysticism thrown in to the game at weird points where if it was done correctly would be great but the sporradic input make it stupid, the guns are too powerful, the skill tree is so pointless you could easily beat the game without leveling up any of them, there is dubstep music as the main combat music (c'mon really?). And never knew this could be possible, but the audio sounds like ____, honestly it sounds like its playing out of an am radio its so bad. I mean, this is the best game on GF according to user rating. Its better than borderlands 2, Halo 4, Skyrim, Oblivion. It is barely a first person shooter and despite what people say it is not entirely open world you cant access half of the world until you play up to a certain point in the storyline. All four of those games I listed above blow this game out of the water. Maybe I like quality games with depth that keep a coherent storyline and are challenging. This game just felt like it was started, abandoned and then finished by a completely different developer. MY ADVICE, dont rent this game until youve played all of the other ones you want to play. HUUUGE disappointment :