I hadn't played much of the Farcry series since the earlier games, but I was excited nonetheless when I heard about Farcry 3, so I pre-ordered it and bought it, and what a great decision. I am loving this game. Anyway, here it goes:
- The story is good (haven't beaten it yet, but so far I like it)
- The graphics and motion capture are absolutely amazing
- The island map is huge and extremely detailed.
- The gunplay is incredible. Do you want a silenced pistol painted with tiger stripes? You can have it. You can even kill people with the repair tool!
- The hunting to upgrade your equipment is a lot of fun. Think like Red Dead Redemption as far as killing and skinning.
- Multiplayer has nothing special, just kind of tacked on at the end, but that's alright since the story is very well done.
- Honestly, I haven't found anything I don't like about this game.
Long Story Short:
Honestly, I rarely ever give anything a full 10/10, but this one deserves it. It's good to see a game actually put work into the story instead of focusing only on the multiplayer. If you are a fan of the other Farcry games, you probably have already played this and know how good it is. If you haven't tried it yet, but are a fan of open world games (Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, etc.) you will like this game. Definitely worth the money for it. At least rent it if you aren't convinced, and enjoy.
This is literally the best game i have played in awhile. Defiantly worth the $60 and every penny. Its good graphics, free roam, amazing storyline. I gave it 10/10 didnt see one thing wrong with this game at all. Best game of the year if you ask me.
posted by RyanChristopher (TRENTON, NJ) Jan 16, 2013
Member since Jan 2013
gamers (67%) found this review helpful
I have never tried out a Live session on here where I play off against different users, but all I can say is this: Far Cry 3 certainly doesn't deserve the rating it has received. Sure, it kicks rear end as a open world first person shooter video game, but it's like the Godfather video game series: Unless you SERIOUSLY enjoy open worlds that you would search around aimlessly while seeing civilians that all appear practically the same, then this is the video game for you. If you dislike a very small selection of an armory and if you dislike the fact that all you're fighting against is pirates and that's all you will be fighting against for this whole storyline, then finish this video game and the side quests, and send it back.
To those who haven't rented this game yet - You will have a maximum of three weapons for each category (being assault rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns, pistols, and so on and so forth). You will play the same character for the whole time being Jason Brody, which heavily contradicts the statement that the game developers made, "Just like Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, except with the guns." Instead it would be "Just like Godfather II, except with a tribe you're assisting." Again, this is a FAIR WARNING, only RENT THIS GAME. Wait for the next entertaining open world like Grand Theft Auto V and then spend 60 dollars on that, NOT on the Far Cry series.