posted by DispersedMammal (HEALDSBURG, CA) Jul 19, 2014
Member since Jan 2014
Far Cry 3 is a game that you should own, if you have a PS3 or a Xbox 360. The game to me is almost perfect, in all ways: with great stealth mechanics, good gunplay, epic narrative, and amazing graphics (especially the environment and sunsets). The game also sports almost non-linear gameplay with free-roam. So it's your choice on how you want to the game. Then you have a variety of takedowns, which are knife kills: ledge kill, death from above, chain kill, and etc. This game is (hands down) the best of the 2012 line-up.
1. Great stealth mechanics
2. Amazing story-line
3. Good (not great) gun-play
4. Smart A.I.
5. Gun customization
6. Best (in my opinion) driving mechanics
7. Realistic weather & terrain
8. Variety of takedowns
1. Gunplay is good, but can be a little better
2. Mission could be a little easier on normal (usually result of not being very well equipped)
To sum it up; just get the game, if you want a solid action-adventure game. It's a good 9 out of 10.