posted by DrewKizzle (GIG HARBOR, WA) Oct 24, 2010
Member since Oct 2010
I've never played a fallout game before, but this one is a blast! Sure the occasional glitches can be annoying, but it's an all around solid game. I wish they updated the graphics from the last fallout, but they still put in a LOT of new things from what I hear and read. This probably could have been a $30 disc-based expansion for Fallout 3. If you like rpg games or the Fallout series, definitely give this game a try!
FALLOUT 2 is in the same vein as RED FRACTION, GUN and a few other 3rd person games. And we all know 3rd person provides a better solely gaming experience. FALLOUT 2 has so many foes to fight it can eat up chunks of hours of your time without you even knowing. With that said there are so serious drawbacks namely:
1) The glitches that cause the game to freeze between loads. This doesn't happen until 3-4 hours of playing.
2) You travel everywhere on foot until you discover a town to fast travel to. You should be able to fix up a motorcylce. They litter certain areas.
3) The mapping system is bad! Better models are out there for the developers to choose from and they chose the wrong one. A GPS like in GTA would have been nice.
4)( This should have been first) Foes can take a .357 round in the back of the head and not go down. In real life a .357 hollow point to the dome, will lay you flat. Same with gaint mutant bugs, point blank range and they keep coming.
5) Each time you are given a quest, you should be given hints on how to beat boss. Only when you reach a certain stage of the game does that happen.
6) The NCR is pretty much worthless, two or less get killed every time. And if you hit they with friendly fire, they shoot at you.
7) You should be able to sneak up behind a foes and chopped their head of like in the PS2 game MANHUNT. ( That was brutal , yet visual rewarding at the same time)
Now the good;
a) 3rd person shooter game. YEAH!
b) Weapons are easy to find, just kill a foe and take theirs.
c) Healing yourself is as easy as taking a nap.
d) No time limit ( that messed up DEAD RISING 2) so you can explore and run missions at the same time.
Great game play, easy to figure out controls. FALLOUT 2 is worth keeping and replay value is great.