posted by pillster (LAKE ELSINORE, CA) Jun 8, 2008
Member since Dec 2007
gamers (43%) found this review helpful
I gave this a four purely on the graphics. Everything else was just so not there. I tried, I really did. But fondling fish, talking to some absent minded gal on a boat, and continually being told to turn around when I wanted to explore just put it over the line. I probably put in about 2-3 total hours of gameplay spread out in about 4-5 days. I just couldn't do it.
and this is wi-fi?? I tried so many times to try and figure out HOW it was wifi and still have no clue. I don't even understand the point of it being wifi. What, fondle fish with someone else that is online?? wooohooo, can't wait...
The premise is great, and I like exploring the worlds that I'm playing, but I was disappointed with this game because:
- Too much text to read. I don't understand why the characters can't talk, why do I have to read everything one line at a time?
- There's no real interaction with the sea life. You tickle or pet a fish, but it doesn't react. Most of the fish don't even eat the food you give them. Why can't I feed them chum or live bait, why must I throw powder at them? It would be great to dangle a live fish at a sea lion and have him grab it from me, or to get in a cage and feed sharks.
- There are no real goals - you find an area, find a fish. That's it.
- There is no danger - no sharks to be wary of, no killer octopus to watch out for. No rip tides or undercurrents.
- There are no amazing underwater features - where is the Titanic-like shipwreck? Where is Atlantis? Where is the Loch Ness monster?
This game wasn't a total loss for me - I do enjoy the exploration aspect to games, but there wasn't enough crazy interesting stuff to explore.