Critic & User Reviews
Good... But A Step Down
posted by Tomboy99 (LITTLE ROCK, AR) Dec 2, 2008
Member since Dec 2005
13 out of 14 gamers (93%) found this review helpful
1. New Character Designs
-Half and half
Some were very good, but some were terrible. I liked the new Ling Tong and Lu Meng. The new Yue Ying was lovely, as was the new Xiao Qiao. The new Xiahou Dun was awful! So was the new Cao Pi. These two looked so cool in DW 4 and 5. Now they look like victims of a Black Friday shopper stampede.
2. New Weapons
Some of the new weapons were great. But many were awful. I liked Ling Tong's nanchukus better. Same to be said for the previous weapons of Xiahou Dun, Zhou Yu, and Cao Pi. Why didnt they just add new people (like maybe Cheng Pu or Gongsun Zan) and give the new weapons to them?
-The Real Improvement
You no longer have to meet certain conditions to get a horse. In fact, there are some horses when you start the game. Its good to have a horse because they run faster than people, even if you dont like horses in real life (I do). Also, you no longer have to remember where your horse is or try to find it. You can just call the horse and it comes to you. Finally, each horse has an ability that helps you. For example, some horses fill your musou gauge as you are riding.
Need I say more? The scenery is lovely. The cutscenes look great. And the people look lifelike!
Its a little different from previous but easy to get used to.
-Good, but Not as Good as Before
I really like D.W. 4 and 5 better. But all in all this was a fun one to play.
shamefull and overly changed
posted by mik3661 (THOMASVILLE, GA) Dec 26, 2009
Member since Oct 2009
1 out of 1 gamers (100%) found this review helpful
It Was Great
posted by Demetri (MIAMI, FL) Apr 8, 2009
Member since Feb 2009
4 out of 7 gamers (57%) found this review helpful
It Did Lack Some Of The Graphics Previous Games Had.
I Like The New Combat System, Although It Is A Pain Having To Level Your Character Up To A Certain Level To Get The Highest Move. The Game Has Some New People, And Some New Weapons.All Dynasty Warriors Fans Is Gonna Love This Game.
But Another Bad Thing
Is The Work U Have To Go Through To Get New
Characters To Play As.
For Example 2 Get Lubu
U Would Need To Beat
Musou Mode With 12 Characters.
Some Bosses Are Terribly Hard.
Its Irritating To Keep
On More Thing.
LuBu Used To Be The Hardest Person
On The Game, His Fighting Skills Have Been Toned Down (Although He Has The Coolest Weapon Of Them All).This Game Also Doesnt Have A Versus
Feature.Personally I Think That Is The Stupidest Thing Ever.
A Game Like Dynasty Warriors Has To Have A Versus
Nevertheless, The Pros Overshadow The Cons.
U Should Get This Game Its Alot Of Fun.
andrew review of Dynasty Warriors 6
posted by spawn94 (BRONX, NY) Jan 5, 2009
Member since Jul 2007
3 out of 9 gamers (33%) found this review helpful
posted by powner19 (SAN CARLOS, CA) Oct 4, 2009
Member since Jul 2009
1 out of 3 gamers (33%) found this review helpful
Not bad or the greatest
posted by nepaguy (SCRANTON, PA) May 21, 2009
Member since May 2009
1 out of 3 gamers (33%) found this review helpful
1. They took out the button combos, and I so hate that they did this. This was the best part of the fighting system in my opinion. There is no more square square triangle, square square square triangle, and so on. It's all square square square square square square square....sigh! You can still use triangle normally or in the air, but you can't link it with the square combos. Need I say more about this?
2. There is so many hills and mountains in this version that it is terrible. When you first play it, you will find yourself going in circles or backtracking to get to a place you are needing to be on the map. By time you find the route to go, you will fail the mission. Once you get used to it, and get used to reading the map, you shouldn't have this problem anymore. It's frustrating at first though.
3. I'm not sure if this is a bad or good thing yet (haven't played it enough), but you no longer can get items to equip to you character. On the other hand, each character has his own ability map which you can upgrade after each level with points you earn, and each characters is different with different abilities.
1. Finally, you can call your horse to you without having to look for it. You can also start every level with a horse. Right when you start the game, you have about 7 to 8 horses you can use. You can still find better horses in levels by collecting saddles.
2. Another thing I found that was pretty good in the game is that you can now break down most doors by attacking them until the life bar is depleted. Some doors can't be done this way though. Others will have to be attacked with the battering rams that your men build. You can also check the walls for ladders to climb over if you prefer.
Nothing special, but one other thing that was so odd about this Dynasty. Since when did some of these characters didn't have their original weapons? See4yourself!
Koei's warriors games..
posted by dulun21 (CHANDLER, AZ) Jul 26, 2009
Member since Aug 2007
1 out of 4 gamers (25%) found this review helpful
i heard they coming with new Warriors game.. except this time it's set in the western world... maybe you can get that when it's out.. but how long will it last until you noticed it's pretty much the same thing over again??
DO NOT RENT IT
posted by If_Only_had_A_ (ALEXANDRIA, VA) Jun 21, 2012
Member since Jun 2012
Dynasty Warriors 5: Great game
posted by Ultimate9 (MILTON, DE) Feb 28, 2010
Member since Jan 2010