gamers (94%) found this review helpful
At 1st when i played this game i was thinking been here done that on so many games buy the thing i couldn't shake was the exciting feeling i really enjoyed this game it was fantastic graphics where great gameplay is fun the story an combos as well as the new unlocks that have never appeared in any previous dragonball z game was great marvelous an i think its one great game cant wait for part to to come out
gamers (81%) found this review helpful
Now that I got my hands on a working disc of Raging Blast, a few things I noticed after playing for a while are:
1) The Dragon Battle Collection (Story Mode) is divided into sagas, meaning you can play one battle from the Frieza Saga and then go and play a battle in the Majin Buu Saga.
2) You can't fully complete all of the sagas as some battles will have to be unlocked at the Star Shop using stars collected from completed battles (the only sagas that do not require a Star Shop unlock are the Saiyan and Bardock sagas).
3) The difficulty level definitely needs work (even Easy mode is not a walk in the park during some battles).
4) I HIGHLY recommend that you download the free character packs from PSN/XBL because they are much stronger than the regular characters (although completing certain missions in the Super Battle Trial with a downloaded character will not earn you a ranking spot and therefore will not earn you a Dragonball challenge). But they are good for the World Tournament and Cell Games Tournament (especially the downloaded Super Saiyan 3 Broly).
5) The battles where you're controlling 2 or more players against an opponent during the Dragon Battle Collection does not follow the rules of the normal tag battles; the game decides who and when you'll switch out with and if you die you will fail the mission even if you have healthy teammates.
6) If a cutscene occurs during the Dragon Battle Collection, sometimes your opponent will regain health.
But, if you like the idea of bashing in Chiaoutzu with a team of Super Vegito, Super Gogeta, and Super Saiyan 3 Broly, then Dragon Ball: Raging Blast is a game you should at least rent for a week or two.
posted by baller0107 (BRACKENRIDGE, PA) Jun 17, 2010
Member since Jun 2010
gamers (86%) found this review helpful
Dragon Ball Raging Blast is very good if you know how to play it right. if you don't you are in for a real butt whooping. Graphics aren't great, but not horrible either. If you buy or rent this game I would suggest doing the tutorial (dojo) first.