posted by 49yroldgamer (OKLAHOMA CITY, OK) Aug 6, 2013
Member since Sep 2012
I liked the game and i own the ultimate edition with the extra maps my only grips r u r limited of getting involved with four characters i for one would of loved to romance oghran i think that would be a hoot i love shale he is a great assest to the game like my choises of races usually end up playing a mage graphics r good combat is good the conversations between characters is funny and i get a dog
- The storyline and dialogue was top notch. I would go so far as to say this is the best game in this generation as far as those aspects go.
- The game drew real emotional connections to the characters. You could laugh with them, get a little choked up, and flat out hate others.
- I've yet to see a game with better natural character interaction. As you walk around, your companions will spark up conversations with each other that are often entertaining and engaging. Each set of characters has their own unique relationship with each other, and conversations stick to it and help you understand their relationship more and more as the game progresses.
- The voice acting is top notch, as is the actual dialogue.
- Controls were laid out well, especially for a pc game ported to console.
- You could control combat pretty directly or just have it on a sort of autopilot. It was nice to sit back and watch the characters perform on their own based on the style I laid out for them rather than have to micromanage the whole party.
- Excellent play/replay value. To experience every featured storyline, you can get two full playthroughs out of this game.
- The main character does not speak. All of your responses in conversation with NPCs are simply text based.
- In my opinion, there wasn't enough free roam. It was all maps (although some were expansive) with the old school random event between traveling to other maps.