1. This RPG has barely any plot. Going into the wild to fight monsters and gain loot is the point.
2. Play on EASY MODE. The game was designed for a grind-loving Japanese audience. Easy mode still allows for TONS of difficult battles, if that's what you want. Oh, and even though escort missions are available early- BEWARE- they often take you through areas that you aren't ready for.
3. I thought the Strider (daggers and bows) class was by far the most fun, but don't worry too much about choosing because changing class is allowed and encouraged.
4. It's strange for a loot game, but your party members (pawns) often don't pick up loot. It's irritating to have to pick up everything and then hand it out so you aren't too encumbered. So, create your own pawn with the Acquisitor trait to encourage him to grab that loot. When you recruit other pawns, you can search their profiles for the trait, too.
5. Your personal pawn levels up, but hired pawns don't, so don't forget to replace them. Oh, and anything a hired pawn is carrying when it is dismissed will go into the stockpile you can access at the inns.
6. Be wary when combining two items. You often end up with something worth less than either ingredient.
7. DO NOT DO WHAT I DID: Late in the game, right after I encountered the dragon, I went back into the castle to search for more loot. Unfortunately, this triggered a known bug that made the inn keeper in the capital city disappear. He was the only person I know of who let you change your class, and he was my main hub for items and everything. Oh, I also heard that you can take him on an escort mission and he can die that way. Probably better to skip that one.
A TIP: At one point, you will be asked to to attack a monster living in a tower. To get there, you will go through some barren canyons. It's much easier to go through that area during the day. Go in as night is falling, well prepared. It was the best part of the game.
Wow really the worst game i have ever played.There are not many quest, they are not easy to find quest places.Useless map.You can go brig , but when you escape from brig,any guardian wont try to catch you, even , you can talk with them.Brig is big fail in this game.After going brig, you expected to find you equipment at somewhere.The game is enough to just check you inventory.So expensive and hard "fast transport" on map, i never do that and i walked through all map ,same beasts were waiting for me at same places, they are infinity number.If you wait at same places, they will spawn again and again and again.This game is so boring game.
Falls short on so many aspects as other reviews mention. One must really fall in love with the pawn system. The rest of the game is boring, challenging grinding where the enemies spawn in the same places, running back and forth over the same areas, with the pawns saying the same things..