posted by Megabass33 (MOUNT JULIET, TN) Apr 10, 2013
Member since Apr 2013
Please read. I first played the sequel of the game Dark Souls and loved it so I decided to play the first of the two. I loved it so much I bought both of them! I highly praise this game and you should play it. By the way you will die A LOT!!!
gamers (100%) found this review helpful
Something about this game feels old school, but at the same time it feels like something fresh that isn't just emulating other succesful games.
Reasons I think this game is great:
1. Seems almost too hard a first, and while I wouldn't say it gets easier, you know you'll be satisfied when you move forward another step. Perfect balance of challenge vs reward.
2. Nice diversity in ways to build your character. I don't feel pigeonholed once I've chosen my class, of which there are a decent selection as well.
3. While the world is broken up into a main hub and stages, it still has great explorability.
4. Combat is fantastic. Every enemy, especially when you are in Soul Form, is a deadly threat, so you have to be smart. This is not a button masher.
5. Some cool enemies. I could tell this game was Japanese before I actually looked into From Software by the enemy design, especially the first boss. The Japanese come up with some great monster concepts.
That's it. If you like action RPGs and a good challenge, try it.