gamers (100%) found this review helpful
This game has everything you need in a game if you like hip hop. Good beats, addictive game play, and funny online videos.
PROS: Great track list-Everything from Biz to Pac, TI to 50, Weezy to Kanye Good DLC- Good DLC selection with more to come Freestyle- Great addition for messing around with friends Duet and Battle-Why rap alone when you have friends?
CONS: Need a Vision Camera for some features- No uploading videos without a camera. Community Section- Defiantly needs some polish, hard to find videos.
To close I feel I need to addressee some common misconceptions: 1. You don't need to run out and $30 dollars on a new mic, ANY MIC WORKS. Headsets do not however. Go to GameStop and get a $10 mic. 2. Kinect works now. The game has been updated so that it is Kinect compatible.
Overall 9/10 Definite buy if you love rap, but rent it first if not.
gamers (92%) found this review helpful
I was really excited to get this game, and the wait was worth it. It's not perfect, but it still exceeded my expectations.
1. Song Selection (they really picked some gems!)
2. Freestyle mode (I rap so I loved this)
3. Interface (no learning curve. like karioke for thugs.)
4. Learned lyrics to songs i've been screwin up for years
5. DLC (can't wait to grab My Mind's playin tricks)
1. Forced to sing chorus (i'm a rapper not a singer)
2. Freestyle beats (they are good, but i want to rap on game tracks)
3. Forced to buy mic (is there any other game u gonna use it on?)
All in all I got a kick out of this and think there is much room for expansion. As an underground rapper myself, the game really speaks to me. I just wish there was an option to not have to sing the chorus (having enough breath for the verses is tough enough and some choruses overlap with verses).