If you loved God of War for the Sony and were upset that buying your 360 would restrict you from playing GOW3, your fix is finally here. This game is a replica in almost every fashion, mixed with a little Avatar-like controls. THIS IS A MUST RENT. If you liked being Kratos, try giving War a chance to fill the void.
It's the Apocolypse and you play as War, one of the 4 Horsemen. Ok, enough background on the story. You basically rip your way through levels, tearing through enemies and level end-bosses with a barrage of combos for deadly weapons and special abilities.
- Loved the controls, easy to get used to and upgrade
- Wicked weapons and special abilities
- Speedy, refined gameplay lets you climb walls and perform combos very quickly. I hate when games make you climb up and down a ladder like it's Megaman 1
- Just the right amount of difficulty
- Loved the gore & blood when finishing off your weak opponents
- It's like God of War...not much to complain about here
- Camera angles were frustrating at times
- Poor map guidance or direction " "
If you like the Action Adventure type game, you'll love God of War. I mean Darksiders..my bad. Just go rent it already. Thanks to this game, I don't need to buy a PS3 for God of War.
I was very excited to get this game when it came out, and while it did not turn out as amazing as i had hoped (nothing ever really does) it is still a good game to play. If your a fan of the God of War series you will likely enjoy this, however it does get a little repetitive, yet with the slow release of different weapons/abilities it does dim it down a bit,
IMO: a good rent, not a buy but still worth playing. favorite part: Fist weapon (wont spoil it anymore then that)
I love the god of war games on Playstation and this is almost exactly the same type of game. This game is amazing. I rented it from the video store and went to the store to buy it the very next morning.