The Legend of Zelda series and God of War series got together and had a baby. (Panzer Dragoon got in there somehow too)
Darksiders is a game that rips off the best parts of these great games without much effort to cover it up (The disc icon on your Xbox dashboard even looks like the box art for WoW: Wraith of the Lich King). So if you're fresh off of playing these games, you may want to cool your heels with something else. Otherwise, get ready for a fun game that's definitely worth a look at.
You play as a Horseman of the Apocalypse that is trying to stop a war between angels and demons. You're framed and blamed for starting this war and killing every human on earth. The way you redeem yourself is killing LOTS and LOTS of angels and demons.
+ The best pacing in an action game I've played in recent memory + Combat is fun and easy to pick up but still challenging to master + Visual art style + RPG upgrading elements + Serviceable story keeps you interested
- Horrible screen tearing - Some frame rate drop or loading chop - May be a little on the easy side, but that's just me - You'll probably end up using the same "win" combo till the credits roll
Bottom line: Good rent, fun game! This one will get you 8 - 10+ hours depending on how obsessed you are at collecting/achievement chasing
Darksiders is two games rolled into one. The combat is extremely satisfying, but the puzzles are contrived and unnecessary. The developers should have just made a straight up action game instead of trying to incorporate puzzles. The puzzles toward the end of the games, especially with the annoying portal puzzles made me stop playing it altogether. If a sequal is made the developers need to do away with any and all puzzles or make them a significantly smaller part of the game. The action is so well done and so the sequal should only focus on it.
If you loved God of War for the Sony and were upset that buying your 360 would restrict you from playing GOW3, your fix is finally here. This game is a replica in almost every fashion, mixed with a little Avatar-like controls. THIS IS A MUST RENT. If you liked being Kratos, try giving War a chance to fill the void.
It's the Apocolypse and you play as War, one of the 4 Horsemen. Ok, enough background on the story. You basically rip your way through levels, tearing through enemies and level end-bosses with a barrage of combos for deadly weapons and special abilities.
- Loved the controls, easy to get used to and upgrade
- Wicked weapons and special abilities
- Speedy, refined gameplay lets you climb walls and perform combos very quickly. I hate when games make you climb up and down a ladder like it's Megaman 1
- Just the right amount of difficulty
- Loved the gore & blood when finishing off your weak opponents
- It's like God of War...not much to complain about here
- Camera angles were frustrating at times
- Poor map guidance or direction " "
If you like the Action Adventure type game, you'll love God of War. I mean Darksiders..my bad. Just go rent it already. Thanks to this game, I don't need to buy a PS3 for God of War.