Darksiders is two games rolled into one. The combat is extremely satisfying, but the puzzles are contrived and unnecessary. The developers should have just made a straight up action game instead of trying to incorporate puzzles. The puzzles toward the end of the games, especially with the annoying portal puzzles made me stop playing it altogether. If a sequal is made the developers need to do away with any and all puzzles or make them a significantly smaller part of the game. The action is so well done and so the sequal should only focus on it.
If you loved God of War for the Sony and were upset that buying your 360 would restrict you from playing GOW3, your fix is finally here. This game is a replica in almost every fashion, mixed with a little Avatar-like controls. THIS IS A MUST RENT. If you liked being Kratos, try giving War a chance to fill the void.
It's the Apocolypse and you play as War, one of the 4 Horsemen. Ok, enough background on the story. You basically rip your way through levels, tearing through enemies and level end-bosses with a barrage of combos for deadly weapons and special abilities.
- Loved the controls, easy to get used to and upgrade
- Wicked weapons and special abilities
- Speedy, refined gameplay lets you climb walls and perform combos very quickly. I hate when games make you climb up and down a ladder like it's Megaman 1
- Just the right amount of difficulty
- Loved the gore & blood when finishing off your weak opponents
- It's like God of War...not much to complain about here
- Camera angles were frustrating at times
- Poor map guidance or direction " "
If you like the Action Adventure type game, you'll love God of War. I mean Darksiders..my bad. Just go rent it already. Thanks to this game, I don't need to buy a PS3 for God of War.
I was very excited to get this game when it came out, and while it did not turn out as amazing as i had hoped (nothing ever really does) it is still a good game to play. If your a fan of the God of War series you will likely enjoy this, however it does get a little repetitive, yet with the slow release of different weapons/abilities it does dim it down a bit,
IMO: a good rent, not a buy but still worth playing. favorite part: Fist weapon (wont spoil it anymore then that)