IS THIS GAME FOR ME? DARK SOULS II A RENTAL GUIDE.
posted by Ezra81 (NEW CITY, NY) Sep 5, 2014
Member since Jan 2009
Note. First and foremost, The Dark Souls franchise is NOT for everyone.That is intentional. At first I didn't like this game. But I refused to quit.This game has seriously increased my gaming ability & helped me become a better gamer & for that I am eternally thankful.
OK, now for most of these 1 ratings, most likely they didn't play the first game Demon Souls (PS3 exclusive), or second game (Dark Souls). If they did, they would have spared the game from a bunch of improper 1 ratings, & spared themselves a waisted rental.
If you are considering about renting this title you first have to understand the type of game this is. This franchise is not your average "difficult game". It will eat you up and spit you out.
I will give you a general "rent if you ( ), don't rent if you ( )" guide. This can help you determine if you would or would not enjoy this game. I highly suggest that you also do some research yourself.
IS THIS GAME RIGHT FOR ME? DARK SOULS II A RENTAL GUIDE
1. For Gamers who played the last two games; Demon Souls & Dark Souls.For first timers I suggest you play Demon Souls first (easiest of all 3).
2. Gamers that have EXTREME patience. If you are not a patient person, this game is NOT for you. (UNLESS you are willing to learn patience. This game WILL try your patience. Constantly).
3. Gamers that want to test their gaming skills (this game will test your abilities & improve them).
4. Gamers who look for challenge, & play games on the hardest difficulty setting available. I can't stress this enough, if you play for fun, casually and or easy setting, DO NOT RENT THIS GAME!
5. Gamers who don't mind dying in a game several thousand times. (No I am not exaggerating, lol.) But, there is a method to it's madness. The point behind Dark Souls, is to learn from your death.
6. Gamers who don't get angry easily. Remember, it's just a video game.
I hope that I was able to help you, & remember: always research a game before renting
posted by casualgamer88 (HUNTSVILLE, AL) Aug 5, 2014
Member since Aug 2014
This game is easy if you enjoy MMORPGs that require you to explore. The controls are simple and addictive. The aiming system is great bc you can manually aim from a distance to cheese with arrows and bolts or direct target at a close distance. The item pool is insanely deep in this game, weapons and spells as well. The entire game is a puzzle so you will have to interact with NPCS. Everything is governed by a certain law of physics in-game. If you dont like this game its not the games fault at all tho.