posted by sixstringsamura (INDEPENDENCE, MO) Sep 5, 2014
Member since Sep 2014
gamers (80%) found this review helpful
Honestly this game is great. Extremely challenging, complete customization of your character, spectacular graphics and plenty of game time hours. I LOVE reading "1" reviews because it sounds like they either a) don't give it a chance b) it's too hard for them or c) they just want to win everytime they pick up a controller.
Not for everyone!! But if your up for a challenge get this game
gamers (73%) found this review helpful
Ok been playing this game for about 12hrs. Its a fun game no trouble with the Saving- works Great. But the deal that bugs me is you spend so much time just Lost in the Game. Like this Door is Cursed what do you need to open the door? Who Knows!!! So you are going all over Rehash Ground wondering what do i need too darn do??? Then you find a Boss then you find out you are not on that Level to beat him then you are Lost Again!! I do Enjoy these Games just something Magic about them that you want MORE MORE!! Then all the Dying from just Falling off Ledges !! You will find out!! Sorry for the poor Writing Skills i am just a Old Man that loves Video Games that cant spell sorry!! But Thanks!!
IS THIS GAME FOR ME? DARK SOULS II A RENTAL GUIDE.
posted by Ezra81 (NEW CITY, NY) Sep 5, 2014
Member since Jan 2009
gamers (67%) found this review helpful
Note. First and foremost, The Dark Souls franchise is NOT for everyone.That is intentional. At first I didn't like this game. But I refused to quit.This game has seriously increased my gaming ability & helped me become a better gamer & for that I am eternally thankful.
OK, now for most of these 1 ratings, most likely they didn't play the first game Demon Souls (PS3 exclusive), or second game (Dark Souls). If they did, they would have spared the game from a bunch of improper 1 ratings, & spared themselves a waisted rental.
If you are considering about renting this title you first have to understand the type of game this is. This franchise is not your average "difficult game". It will eat you up and spit you out.
I will give you a general "rent if you ( ), don't rent if you ( )" guide. This can help you determine if you would or would not enjoy this game. I highly suggest that you also do some research yourself.
IS THIS GAME RIGHT FOR ME? DARK SOULS II A RENTAL GUIDE
1. For Gamers who played the last two games; Demon Souls & Dark Souls.For first timers I suggest you play Demon Souls first (easiest of all 3).
2. Gamers that have EXTREME patience. If you are not a patient person, this game is NOT for you. (UNLESS you are willing to learn patience. This game WILL try your patience. Constantly).
3. Gamers that want to test their gaming skills (this game will test your abilities & improve them).
4. Gamers who look for challenge, & play games on the hardest difficulty setting available. I can't stress this enough, if you play for fun, casually and or easy setting, DO NOT RENT THIS GAME!
5. Gamers who don't mind dying in a game several thousand times. (No I am not exaggerating, lol.) But, there is a method to it's madness. The point behind Dark Souls, is to learn from your death.
6. Gamers who don't get angry easily. Remember, it's just a video game.
I hope that I was able to help you, & remember: always research a game before renting