gamers (89%) found this review helpful
I'm going to keep it simply. This game is a lot of fun and I think it is very much underrated. I'm not the type of person who likes really bad games or games that most people don't, so you can believe me when I say that. The combat system is awesome, the weapons/combos are sweet, and even the story is decent.
The only real downside to this game was that you can't replay it with the skills you unlocked and mastered the first time around. You always start out with a fresh slate. This being said, it's still fun to replay because you simply play through with a different weapon set and get a fun, new(ish) experience.
I had fun playing this game about 60% of the time. The other 40%, I was highly annoyed. The camera angles suck and often cause unnecessary deaths. The boss fights are all way too long and repetitive. Overall, it was a good time.
gamers (81%) found this review helpful
The best way to describe this game is a God of War ripoff on the Xbox, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The game itself feels and plays very similar to God of War with the fluid combat system, learning new skills with your weapons, and gore aplenty. The game is more in depth than just your average hack 'n' slash style game, as you learn and master new moves and combos for your different weapon types, and the combat is very rewarding when you pull of just the right combos and counterattacks to stylishly slaughter groups of enemies. The story draws from the Conan universe and while not exceptionally good, it all makes sense and doesn't seem cliched like most games these days. While not much, there is some replay value after your beat the game, as you unlock cool cheats that can help you on your next play through on hard or king mode, and sort of make the gameplay more fun. All in all this is a great game and shouldn't be passed up by anyone who likes their games fun and violent.