gamers (46%) found this review helpful
- Bad hit Detection
- Really laggy (Even with theater recording disabled)
- Looks exactly the same as MW2, maybe the lighting is better.
- Guns sound horrible/funny.
- Way too many killstreaks and support killstreaks go on even when you die (UAVs are everywhere)
- People complained about ghost in Black Ops and now it's easier to get UAVs so why not have assassin or blind eye on (whichever 1 it is)
- Campaign is epic and fun except on veteran. On veteran the AI was way to hard, they had aimbot and no recoil whatsoever. You just poke your head out and die.
- Spec ops is really fun but really laggy if host has bad connection / lives in the other side of the world.
- Guns seem balanced, only disadvantage is at range, if you have an assault rifle at long range, most likely you'll win. If you have a submachine gun at close range most likely you'll win.
I don't know why it's really laggy and the hit detection is bad, maybe it's because it's an XBox port like Black Ops. It would be a lot better if it weren't for the lag and bad hit detection. I don't really care about the sound of the guns, as long as it shoots and kills, I am okay with that. I just wish it would go back to CoD4/WaW days where it was 3-5-7 and more focus on gun play.
I also recommend battlefield, it's a very different game. If you like vehicles (ex. Jets, Helicopters, Tanks, etc.) Then you will like battlefield. Call of Duty and Battlefield are very different, maybe you have heard this before but CoD is very Arcade style while Battlefield is more on the serious side, "try hards" as you may call it. Battlefield is more team oriented while in CoD you can go lonewolf and maybe win the game for your team.
If you made it this far down, thanks for reading!
gamers (43%) found this review helpful
MW3 is just a polished version of MW2, same as every madden game that has been shoved out every year. The fact is it really doesn't matter because it will still sell like hot cake's. I'm by no means a fanboy of either title, fact is this is just a updated dlc pack.
gamers (42%) found this review helpful
Same game, different year.
Multiplayer stays the same , keeping hold of MW2's base mechanics. There is no "you can't fix what is already the best" this year with IW's billed "Most Anticipated Game".The single player campaign is where the game shines as always with its stellar cinematic approach.That is simply the only thing good about it.