Every game has some pros and cons. so does this game. this is the best game ever (even though i m not a big COD fan) i still love this game. the maps are really big. and the graphics are awesome. something i dont like about this game is the killstreak rewards.
posted by StarRaven (BOYNTON BEACH, FL) Nov 9, 2011
Member since May 2011
gamers (47%) found this review helpful
It's a good game.
There's a lot of people hating on it just for the sake of hating... it's kinda silly.
Is this game anything new or revolutionary? No... but you have to look at the series as a whole, in which case, it is/was. The story wraps up very well at the end of campaign and let's face it, this series changed multiplayer for all games and genres so there's no reason to be disappointed here.
You can nit-pick just be stupid, but find me another first person shooter that's more complete than this. I'll admit to preferring Battlefield/Bad Company/Medal of Honor Multiplayer, but as a complete game, COD proves once again to be the leader.
The sound isn't on par with BF3 and the engine definitely looks dated at this point, just in time for the end of the series.
But the game's fun and good, just be happy, play it for fun, and don't complain just for the sake of complaining.
gamers (46%) found this review helpful
- Bad hit Detection
- Really laggy (Even with theater recording disabled)
- Looks exactly the same as MW2, maybe the lighting is better.
- Guns sound horrible/funny.
- Way too many killstreaks and support killstreaks go on even when you die (UAVs are everywhere)
- People complained about ghost in Black Ops and now it's easier to get UAVs so why not have assassin or blind eye on (whichever 1 it is)
- Campaign is epic and fun except on veteran. On veteran the AI was way to hard, they had aimbot and no recoil whatsoever. You just poke your head out and die.
- Spec ops is really fun but really laggy if host has bad connection / lives in the other side of the world.
- Guns seem balanced, only disadvantage is at range, if you have an assault rifle at long range, most likely you'll win. If you have a submachine gun at close range most likely you'll win.
I don't know why it's really laggy and the hit detection is bad, maybe it's because it's an XBox port like Black Ops. It would be a lot better if it weren't for the lag and bad hit detection. I don't really care about the sound of the guns, as long as it shoots and kills, I am okay with that. I just wish it would go back to CoD4/WaW days where it was 3-5-7 and more focus on gun play.
I also recommend battlefield, it's a very different game. If you like vehicles (ex. Jets, Helicopters, Tanks, etc.) Then you will like battlefield. Call of Duty and Battlefield are very different, maybe you have heard this before but CoD is very Arcade style while Battlefield is more on the serious side, "try hards" as you may call it. Battlefield is more team oriented while in CoD you can go lonewolf and maybe win the game for your team.
If you made it this far down, thanks for reading!