From the first time you start playing this game you can tell how extremely great this game is, the cars are very details and the missions are even better and they have created some more new and exciting missions and races. The only thing I would think of that needs improve is the lack of humans in the game!! You can’t see anybody neither a driver, you see only cars without drivers and the streets are totally empty,,, I am looking forward to see living beings in this game.
posted by chipwreckd (LOVES PARK, IL) Feb 15, 2008
Member since Jan 2008
To many flaws and the maps are to confusing...if you don't have a high def TV don't bother. I have a sony 37 and I still can't read the map or read most writing within the game and I have 20/20 vision....disapointed.
Although the game has nice graphics and the same feeling of speed due to the motion blur graphics. Here are the downers which is why I rate it a mere 7 whereas the previous ones are all 10s.
1) No split screen co-op (can't play with 2nd controller)
2) Can't restart race. Forced to navigate your way back to the race beginning. Very annoying.
3) Mini-map doesn't move with the car. Compass and flashing directional signals on the top distract and cause crashes.
4) Slo-mo replay for every little small-fry crash. It takes too long and you can't skip em.
5) NO CRASH MODE
6) Can't hit same-way vehicles from behind. So no more traffic takedowns!!! WTH?! That was my favourite part of Burnout 3.
7) If you're swerving away from a crash, the system automatically goes to slo-mo cutscene showing your crash without giving you the chance to escape it (i.e. They ASSUME your crashes before it happens!) I don't know if this makes sense to you but you'll see when you play.
Gawwd...all the downgrades from the prevous versions makes me wanna score this game lower now.