If you don't like point-n-click adventure games, then you won't like this--don't bother.
If you do like that style of adventure game, then here's what you need to know:
- The story is extremely linear, often getting you stuck in Hotel California (you can't leave a particular area until you complete everything).
- The graphics are a mixed bag: some of the 2D cell shading is nice, some looks like animated pixels.
- The voice acting is interesting and brings out the writing. There are a few parts where the recording mix is inconsistent, but it's good overall.
- The dialogue writing is spotty--some parts are hilarious, some parts are boring, and it bounces around in style (noir to naive) within the same conversation.
- Be prepared for "hunt the magic pixel" gameplay. It can be hard to spot two items close to each other.
- As for the Wii controls in the mini-games: some people will find them harder than others. Once I figured out what they were looking for, I didn't find the controls too bad, but definitely not stellar.
posted by texasjj (POINT COMFORT, TX) Jul 18, 2010
Member since Jul 2010
This game was useless. The combination was too hard to solve. I knew which direction to turn it but manuevering the hand was hard. No matter how I turned the cylinder it would not open. I worked until my wrist hurt.