If you don't like point-n-click adventure games, then you won't like this--don't bother.
If you do like that style of adventure game, then here's what you need to know:
- The story is extremely linear, often getting you stuck in Hotel California (you can't leave a particular area until you complete everything).
- The graphics are a mixed bag: some of the 2D cell shading is nice, some looks like animated pixels.
- The voice acting is interesting and brings out the writing. There are a few parts where the recording mix is inconsistent, but it's good overall.
- The dialogue writing is spotty--some parts are hilarious, some parts are boring, and it bounces around in style (noir to naive) within the same conversation.
- Be prepared for "hunt the magic pixel" gameplay. It can be hard to spot two items close to each other.
- As for the Wii controls in the mini-games: some people will find them harder than others. Once I figured out what they were looking for, I didn't find the controls too bad, but definitely not stellar.