posted by DrewYork (WEST CHESTER, PA) Sep 20, 2012
Member since Dec 2008
Awesome game. If you've played the first Borderlands, this is just the second course of a really great meal. I've started by playing as Zer0, the stealthy character, and I've been really impressed with the graphics, the inventory management system (which has added a way to mark inventory you want to save and ones you want to trash), the combat which is challenging and fun, and the story which is, so far, awesome and hilarious. The dialogue from Claptrap and the random dialogue from raiders is a highlight of the experience, IMO.
I'm looking forward to putting in many more hours playing this character and the many, many more after when I play through as the other ones.
First off, I'll have to admit that I was not a huge fan of the first Borderlands (BL1). I loved the concept and the gameplay, but at the time, my friends never really played BL1, and getting matched with people online that were much higher level than me was just frustrating, and playing alone wasn't too much fun.
But something in me, knowing some friends would actually be playing this one (and some in-store credit) prompted me to go out and buy Borderlands 2 (BL2). And it was a great decision, this game is amazing.
- The visuals: The world of Pandora just looks amazing. Nuff said.
- The guns: The commercials weren't kidding, there is an obscene amount of guns for you to wreak havoc with, and every one is glorious.
- The gameplay: It plays a lot like BL1, but has a stronger storyline, but still tons of side quests to enjoy.
- If you are going to play solo, it isn't near as much fun. Don't get me wrong, it is still a great game on your own, but having someone else to stir up some chaos with is where this game really shines.
- If you are playing splitscreen, it can make it hard to read all the menu options when you are in the store, or upgrading your character.
- Honestly, I haven't come across anything so far that stands out as being horrible. I will admit that I haven't completed the game, and something could change, but as of now the only complaint is having college and work competing for attention.
Long story short:
I am glad that I spent the money to own this game, and if you enjoyed the first one, then definitely go out and buy this one too, you will not regret it. For those who weren't as big as fans of the first one, still try this one because it will change your mind, and you'll end up owning it anyway.