gamers (64%) found this review helpful
i will admit that i've only been playing this game for a week or so and that i haven't unlocked much, but i can say that the game is great. i played battlefield BC2 and was glad to hear about BF3 from the minute it was announced. The multiplayer will take months to finish, and that's without unlocking vehicle and co-op awards. while the single player is a disappointment, i hardly doubt anybody is looking for a great single player experience in multiplayer game. I'm looking forward to see what call of duty will do in a couple weeks, but whatever it is, it will have to be pretty amazing. I'm looking forward to playing both COD and BF and not having to pick sides.
- There are tons of perks for vehicles that are a blast to use.
- Lots of perks to unlock and use, especially for vehicles... The more time you put into the game the more fun it is.
- Great game for playing with 1-3 friends, now that VOIP is fixed.
- Fairly wide variety of weapons.
- More strategic potential than most other FPS games for console.
- Good gun mechanics such as recoil, accuracy and damage.
- The vehicles are a blast to use, especially the jeep.. slap some C4 on the front, line up with a tank that doesnt see you, jump out and detonate on contact and have lawls.
- Fun enough to keep my attention for about 100 hours, while most games tend to last 20 or so hours.
- Awesome graphics, though at times you might find yourself getting really irritated by being blinded due to craptastic lighting.
- Regional server selection (woot!).
- $10 purchase in order to play online & co-op.
- Terrible match making.
- Some gun imbalances.
- The maps were made with PC in mind and the PC version has 64 player cap. The console however, has the same maps but with a 24 player cap so if you can get it for the PC then do so... it's much better.
- The squads are limited to 4 people (BOO!!!).
- Limited clan support.
- No private matches.
Overall I'd give the game a 8/10. It's one of the better FPS games available. The game might feel a little bit campy but just give it time and learn the maps.
gamers (59%) found this review helpful
As others have described the campaign is similar in concept to COD Black Ops (flashback sequences). I personally think it is more interesting and better executed than Black Ops. Frankly though you buy a shooter like this for the multi-player.
As one would expect the multi-player delivers well. It is similar to BC2...but some nice enhancements in being able to lay down (sniper friendly), suppression, and enhanced melee.
I play pretty much every shooter (including COD) so this is an accurate assessment. There are a few kinks they need to work out in the multi-player. However, that is nothing new (see almost every AAA release this year). This is the best shooter of the year so far. We'll see how MW3 fairs (I hope it is good).
This is a must rent for a shooter fan although I'd just suggest buy (as you need the online pass anyway for multi-player). As others have said rent from Gamefly (buy at reduced price) and you'll get the case and online pass.
1) enhanced graphics
2) best campaign in a BF game yet (which isn't their strong suit, didn't even used to have one)
3) tighter controls and nifty features like suppression
4) the sound of a BF game is wonderful
5) destruction of environment
1) few minor glitches with multi-player & campaign (nothing as bad as Black Ops or Resistence 3 though)
2) story is nothing new