I love batman. I love these batman games. But I HATE how glitchy this game is. If you're an avid fan like me, even the smallest differences will matter. Here is what I've seen that has made me want to return this game:
- Game: the game freezes, A LOT. It saves just as frequently, but having to restart the xbox every time is a pain.
- Enemies in Fighting: fighting isn't quite the same. Cool they added new characters to fight, but, you can't defend to interrupt a current punch. Also, his stun doesn't span across the same anymore. You could stun 3 or 4 with a perfectly places stun. Now you're lucky if you get 2.
- Fighting aesthetics: He doesn't reach across the fight floor like he use to. And god forbid there are any boxes or cars in the way, it's like he doesn't know how to go around them.
- Disturbances: police scanners tell you about groups of enemies causing a disturbance... Sometimes. I'd say about 1/4 of them glitch out.
- Grappling: half of the roofs in the game, or the bridges, are almost impossible to grapple onto, if at all. You have to be entirely too close and out of view for you to grapple them. or you have to be at the PERFECT angle.
Now don't get me wrong. It's still an overall good game. storyline is awesome. New joker and batman voices sound "younger" like they wanted. But they really need to patch this about 6 times before i'm able to willingly enjoy this game.
posted by KINGJACKMADDEN (BALLWIN, MO) Nov 14, 2013
Member since Nov 2013
gamers (75%) found this review helpful
this new Arkham game had a lot new features such as a wider map, and new bat gear, but i wish that they had some more side quest. but overall it was a great game and i'm planing on keeping it till i can buy it.
Arkham Origins tells the story of a younger Batman who is just getting his start in Gotham. It's an interesting look at a less established Batman for sure, and does a decent job introducing the Dark Knight and villains of the Batman universe.
This is the third Batman game in the Arkham series, but the first not done by Rocksteady. This is apparent from the get go as the game lacks the polish of the previous two entries. There are a few bugs here and there that are annoying certainly, but I didn't encounter anything game-breaking.
The game is without doubt solid, but not spectacular. Much of what made Asylum and City interesting is gone here and feels like a retread. Play it if you're a fan of Batman and the Arkham series, but with tempered expectations.