Assassin's Creed 3 is a really good game. All of the AC titles are. Just a few problems with it is:
1. During a 'start of sequence' mission, you can't abort them so people usually rage quit if they can't do it.
2. I had to adjust to the freerun settings as I'm used to the Xbox 360 'hold A and the right trigger' controls.
3. Large graphical errors, such as lag during the mission where you have to(spoiler alert!) cross the battlefield to kill John Pitcairn. I experienced a lag so bad I was seeing pictures at 10 seconds apart at the most.
4. While your in the Frontier zone, you will always have at least Level 1 notoriety and cannot lower it to incognito.
5. Super long death speeches after you assassinate someone. I got used to it in Ezio's trilogy because they were at the least 10 seconds long (that's only when you kill an Abstergo agent because he only says rest in peace) and when he killed someone important they would be at the most a minute. But in AC 3, they just talk forever and ever.
6. Most of you people will think this is pretty dumb, but I'm not sure I like the way they changed how Connor walks and freeruns. While walking, you look like your curious about something. Running is just like normal I guess. When freerunning, it looks like Connor says "Ooh I'm gonna look at the ground" or says "I'm gonna start with all my energy then die out after a few seconds".
Anyway, thanks for reading guys, it's a really good game, but the problems are pretty bad.
posted by Wraith2321 (TALLAHASSEE, FL) Mar 15, 2013
Member since Nov 2007
Another great and shining example of the same exact game, with a few pretty kill moves added.
The dialog was so boring I just skipped all of it.
Side missions....boring. Other than the naval missions, which always seemed to be fun. Sadly, the rest of the game didn't take it's que from those missions.
Combat, still very easy. I wonder why it's even been there in any of the AC games at all.
Essentially, if you played the first, you played the second, the third, the fourth, and so on and so on. AC reminds me of Star Wars; something that is just being so milked to death that only the purest, most die hard fans would continue to like what it spews out.
To put it another way. I am thankful for Gamefly, because AC3, much less any of its predecessors is a game I would never buy.
I should also mention I simply stopped playing this game as I just got completely bored with it. Screw playing it just for achievements, I'm returning it for something else. Hopefully the next game will be deserving of a good rating.