That is about the only thing to it. The cool historical gameplay, that was about it for me. I had a little fun with it until it came to picking locks, and the constant sneaking around and listening, not being caught. Seems alot more of that and alot less of everything that was involved in the last game. I really liked that it takes you to 18th century America, but it just became frustrating with lock picking that was ridiculous. If you moved one bit you have to start over. It also was frustrating when sneaking around and bam even if you were hidden they found you and you would have to start over. Don't know if any of that was a glitch or just happens but it was more frustrating than I could have fun. I give it a 6 because it is still pretty cool historically wise, story, and cinematic wise. Other than that it really isn't for me, I will stick to the older versions.
Assassin's Creed 3 is a really good game. All of the AC titles are. Just a few problems with it is:
1. During a 'start of sequence' mission, you can't abort them so people usually rage quit if they can't do it.
2. I had to adjust to the freerun settings as I'm used to the Xbox 360 'hold A and the right trigger' controls.
3. Large graphical errors, such as lag during the mission where you have to(spoiler alert!) cross the battlefield to kill John Pitcairn. I experienced a lag so bad I was seeing pictures at 10 seconds apart at the most.
4. While your in the Frontier zone, you will always have at least Level 1 notoriety and cannot lower it to incognito.
5. Super long death speeches after you assassinate someone. I got used to it in Ezio's trilogy because they were at the least 10 seconds long (that's only when you kill an Abstergo agent because he only says rest in peace) and when he killed someone important they would be at the most a minute. But in AC 3, they just talk forever and ever.
6. Most of you people will think this is pretty dumb, but I'm not sure I like the way they changed how Connor walks and freeruns. While walking, you look like your curious about something. Running is just like normal I guess. When freerunning, it looks like Connor says "Ooh I'm gonna look at the ground" or says "I'm gonna start with all my energy then die out after a few seconds".
Anyway, thanks for reading guys, it's a really good game, but the problems are pretty bad.