Rent Assassin's Creed III for PS3
view large frontback

Assassin's Creed III


Keep for: $12.99 

Start your 1-month FREE Trial!

Also on:Xbox 360, Wii U

New!Available For Download:PC 

GF Rating

4623 ratings

Critic & User Reviews

GF Rating


Destroyed a fantastic series

posted by cwh38 (BELLVILLE, OH) Jan 1, 2013

Member since Jan 2013

I could not wait for AC3 to be released. The first 4 games were great. I really enjoyed brotherhood and revelations the most. That makes the poor game play and dumbed down senario of AC3 all the more frustrating. The game lacks the depth of the last 3 games. There is no character development, your character is not even very likeable. The creators of the game took a great series and turned it into a mind-numbing, do it over and over again until you figure out the trick kind of game. Much of the game is going from cut scene to cut scene. No real Assassins guild to develop, no real assassins contracts to fulfill. The assassins guild has very little to do with the game, except that your going against Templars. A lot of running around for no real purpose. And side quests get your very little. except a trophy in your room. The most enjoyable part is the naval battles, and since that's a small part of the game, that's not saying much. A very disapointing gaming experience. I"m so ticked off by the game that it will be the last AC game I'll play. If I feel like playing the games again I'll replay AC2, Brotherhood and revelation. At least I will enjoy my gaming time.

Was this review helpful? Report Abuse

GF Rating


Glitchy, Glitchy, Glitchy...

posted by BoxMan_In_Space (CALIFORNIA, KY) Dec 30, 2012

Member since Jul 2012

This has to be one of the absolute worst videogaming experiences of my life. So much potential is thrown away on a half finished videogame.

This is the future of the industry, I suppose. Half-cocked ideas, terrible execution, and absolute garbage being released, and eaten up by the masses. I guess nobody expects -quality- from any media anymore. Stupid flashy movies break the box office, just because they're full of explosions. Horribly broken games such as this one get good reviews and sell millions. Nobody expects anything to actually -function- any more.

Well with that said, don't waste your time. you've got about an 80% chance you'll run into a game breaking glitch, even after several patches (including a day 1 patch. Can you say "rushed"? How about "terrible piece of trash"?)

It'll be some of the most fun you've had for about 15% of the time you play, then the most frustrating time you've had on a videogame the other 85%.

Absolute nonsense.

Was this review helpful? Report Abuse

GF Rating



posted by icy1874 (LANCASTER, PA) Dec 30, 2012

Member since Dec 2012

Game is great, today is my 5th day playing 5hrs/day.
and still have not finished it. tons of things to do.
one of the best games made

Was this review helpful? Report Abuse