posted by apples14 (UNIVERSITY PARK, PA) Mar 23, 2013
Member since Feb 2013
I'm getting the impression that Gearbox is only good at Borderlands.
Aliens Colonial marines was a disappointment because...
- Half the time you fight humans not aliens
- When you do fight aliens they might climb and jump a little but for the most part they just run out in the open and make a beeline right at you "HEY I'M HERE SHOOT ME!"
- The variety in guns is very low. You get the smartgun, a flamethrower, a special pistol, and some other rare weapons and you only get to use them a bit. You can customize your assault rifle and shotgun to an extent but that's what you're stuck with for the whole game.
- The dialog between characters could have been written a lot better, and the story itself is a wreck.
- There were so many glitches such as enemy body parts sticking through the walls
- Definitely a shoot this shoot that game, and the ending isn't satisfying because it doesn't take much to defeat the final boss.
The most satisfying thing was when the chestburster came out Bella's chest, as well as the level in which you have to move through the water as quietly as possible or the aliens will explode on you.
- MULTIPLAYER -
It takes forever to find other players. When you control an xeno (a name for the aliens) the camera angles are extremely awkward. It's fun with friends though.