i dont understand why everyone is being so critical of this game it is actually a pretty average game, nothing over the top awesome and nothing super lame. hits fans of the aliens series pretty stong with character and story name drops from the movie as well as incorperating weapons and verhicals (power loader) into the mix. graphics are subpar but nothing thats major disconserning and the story of the campaign feels like another movie with strong tie ins, suspense, and alot of action. on the other side of the coin we have multi-player which is pretty awesome. think LEFT 4 DEAD but with aliens and you got it. mariens fight as a team with scaners and heavy weapons scatered around the map, and xenos fight more one on many with different classes that let you pounce, hack away, or spit acid on your opponents while all the while being able to see the mariens heat signitures through walls. so all in all i prob would not buy this game unless it was on sale OR you and a group of your buddies bought it together to play mult-player online or campaigne as a group but if not as a solo artist it is still a game worth rentng or borrowing
posted by SimoneinVA (VIRGINIA BEACH, VA) Jun 19, 2013
Member since Jun 2013
I absolutely love the Alien story line, so it's hard to rate this too low, but the game suffers in fluidity.
- single player campaign is not bad. Very tense at times.
- Strange how You can swap out between 15 guns which you apparently carry at any given time.
- no explanation as to the spitting aliens or the bulldozer aliens...
- the multiplayer online gaming is just not good. The aliens just run around swinging through the air hoping for a chance to hit a marine. The marine feels like a walking tank when you play but can die at the slightest touch.
- I truly wish it were better. Hopefully they are more successful with subsequent alien games