Maybe not a purchase but certainly a rental. While it might not be as good as some of its predecessors, it is a decent shooter and has been besmirched. If you are a 007 fan and you play it through, you will get some fun out of it. Don't be put off by the undeserved bad reviews. I've played almost all the 007 games and this one is just fine! Some people just expect too much these days.
Legends is like playing 5 different Bond movies, but Daniel Craig is 007 in all of them. It goes through Goldfinger, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Moonraker, License to Kill, and Die Another Day.
So if you're a fan of the James Bond movies like me, 007 is a pretty decent FPS with good campaigns, offline 1P modes, and online multiplayer.
The campaigns are actually pretty fun and keep true roots to the original movies which I liked. There is obvious suttle changes to make video games better, but they don't ruin the experience. There is good variety, and lots of challenges, upgrades, and perks.
Each mission has differenct challenges and collectibles. You can earn xp through completing those, using various guns, collecting secret data, etc. The graphics are outdated, and the sound of the guns is horribly bland. It feels old, but it managed to keep my interests for a few days.
The other offline mode has about 10 maps where you have various objectives, like a Spec Ops mode. You may have to defeat waves of enemies, protect a bomb, or control/defend various points. You can earn stars, and customize all types of modes like difficulty, enemy power and health, and more. More points is more stars.
Online mode is pretty fun too. It's old school shooting fun, but it's a little sketchy at times bc of poor graphics and hit detection. There are lots of game modes and lots of upgrading and stat building.
Legends is a good overall game with variety, much deeper than I thought it would be. But it's not for the person looking for a state of the art FPS by no means. This is more of a throwback to honor the 007 legacy. It's a solid rental I would recommend if you are a fan of James Bond and FPS games in general.
I sent this game back after the first day of playing this game. That rarely happens. Ill keep it short and sweet...
-Weapons and attachments seem decent. Nice customization. If you a big gun fanatic you might like this.
- Decent voice acting if your into that kinda thing
- Graphics and visuals feel like a past gen PS2 game. That's inexcusable for being this far into the current gens lifecycle.
- The aiming sucks. The sensitivity levels are not balanced well at all.
- Stealth parts are an abomination. Seriously this is what made me send the game back. The stealth parts of the game are so poorly designed. You are supposed to see your enemy with a wrist watch and you cant even tell how far away an enemy is because its so tiny and small.
- Multiplayer. You have to play online or split screen. No training or bots which is a big downer.
Overall 4/10. Mediocre game. Too bad because I was hoping this game was better