THE END OF THE SAMURAI ERA, THE DAWN OF AN EMPIRE
The standalone expansion to the award-winning Total War™: SHOGUN 2 explores the conflict between the Imperial throne and the last Shogunate in 19th century Japan, 400 years after the events of the original game. A dramatic clash of traditional Samurai culture with the explosive power of modern weaponry.
Guide ancient Japan into the modern age, as the arrival of America, Britain and France incites a ferocious civil war which will decide the future of a nation.
- Dramatic 19th century Japan setting
- 6 new playable clans
- New foreign powers
- New 19th century Japan campaign map
- Campaign map railways
- 39 new land units
- 10 new naval unit types with a total of 21 ships
- New port siege battle type
- New land and sea unit interactions
- 3 new agent types
- Improved siege battle mechanics
- Multiplayer 2.0