This time, humans have a secret weapon left to them by an extinct civilization from Sirius - Timelock. Timelock will enable special forces veteran Sam 'Serious' Stone to return to the time of ancient Egypt and assassin Mental while it is offhand.
Serious Sam is a high-adrenaline arcade-action shooter heavily focused on frantic arcade-style single player action. In a world where cyberpunk meets fantasy-fiction and advanced technology is mixed with black magic and psycho-powers, Sam travels through the beautiful world of ancient Egypt and several diverse planets, confronting countless Mental's minions on his way to the Mental's base.
Serious Sam: The First Encounter Download Features
- Various Environments and Secrets - Unleash mayhem in ancient Egypt. Discover over 80 secrets hidden in the fray.
- Unique Enemies and Bosses - Fight with over15 nightmarish warriors in Mental's army, including Beheaded Kamikaze, Syrian Werebull and Kleer Skeleton.
- Special Weapons and Power-Ups - Wreak havoc with a huge arsenal of weapons including Double Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Minigun and Cannon.
- Fighting With Loads of Enemies at The Same Time (high-adrenaline arcade-feel action) - Serious Sam is filled with loads of enemies. This is possible with the latest engine technology. It is possible to have 50+ enemies in one scene, with everyone firing, running, jumping and screaming at the same time. This feature is not extensively used in any 3D action so far, because technology didn't allow it. But, with our Serious engine this is now possible. It is used primarily in open spaces, where it is possible to put hundreds of enemies in one playground.
- Both Huge Outdoor and Indoor Environments - All levels in the game are vast. The engine was designed to support both indoor and outdoor areas in a creative mixture, with each level spreading on up to 1000 cubic miles. There is a smooth transition between indoor and outdoor environments. The indoor levels are done with rendering techniques more powerful than other present engines. Outdoor sections are new and never before seen in any other FPS. They are big, long and provide hours of just walking and days of playing.
- Cooperative and Deathmatch Online Play for up to 16 players - Play Cooperative, Fragmatch/Deathmatch or Scorematch in up to 16-player matches.
- Both LAN and Internet Multiplay with Dedicated Server Support - Play Multiplayer on both LAN and over the Internet. Dedicated server support uncluded!
- 2-4 Split Screen Support - Split screen option which allows for up to 4 players playing on a single computer. If you have Dual-head technology, it is possible for two players to play each on his/hers own monitor.
- Serious Tools Included - Serious Sam also includes tools used to create the game: Serious Editor and Serious Modeler, so gamers can create their own levels.