On the war-torn planets of tomorrow, mankind's greatest battle is about to begin. With its frontier colonies devastated by a growing insurrection, Earth dispatches the elite 8th Armored Infantry (nicknamed "Section 8™") to repel the coming onslaught.
The nickname refers to an old United States military regulation where a soldier would be dismissed from service through being mentally unfit for duty. The near-suicidal missions that this division volunteers for brands them as insane by other military units.
Section 8 deploys by 'burning in' from their orbital drop ships tens of thousands of feet above the battlefield, utilizing the most advanced arsenal of military hardware known to man. Their mission: to scout and secure difficult objectives and smash enemy defenses in lightning-quick assaults.
An intense first-person shooter, Section 8 allows players to dynamically alter the flow of combat as they see fit. Employing tactical assets and on-demand vehicle deliveries, players are given unprecedented strategic control over epic sci-fi battlefields.
- Burn in to battle from 15,000 feet: see the battlefield open up below as you reach terminal velocity; hit the air brakes and choose where you land
- Dynamic Combat Missions alter the flow of battle and remove all predictability. Use your wits to gain victory instead of just doing the same things over and over again
- Call in ‘deployables’ such as powerful gun emplacements, tanks and walking war machines to secure your hard-won territory or to gain a strategic advantage as you advance on the enemy
- Choose your weapons, armor and more; don’t be restrict¬ed to a class such as ‘scout’ or ‘medic’
- Incredible graphics, powered by a heavily modified Unreal Engine 3, deliver huge, open battlefields
- Full single-player campaign telling the story of trooper Alex Corde
- Unrivalled multiplayer combat allowing for clan, team and individual stat tracking